I purchased a new Coast Spa in early 2008. This past summer my cover deteriorated to the point where I needed a new cover. I went back to Long Island Pool & Spa to buy a replacement. Not being an expert in spas I worked with Tim the owner. He took out our records from when we purchased new and wrote up an order for a new cover telling us we would be buying an identical cover when out hot tub was new.

When the cover was received and opened at my home, it turned out to be a low quality after-market cover, which was an inch thinner (less insulation) and too big in length and width. When I went back to Long Island Pool & Spa they only way they would help was to charge another $100 plus tax.

Purely a deceptive sales practice. I will never buy anything from Long Island Pool & Spa again. Beware and shop around. There are plenty of others to choose from.

Had an Experience with Long Island Pool and Spa?

Comments

When my Coast Spa was purchased new, it came with a Coast brand cover.

The bottom line is I was promised an identical cover to what I had when my Coast Spa was new.

I DID NOT receive an identical cover. The aftermarket cover is poorly made and too big costing over $500.

Beware !!!!!!

Mr.Closs was offered 3 types of covers when he purchased his replacement.

3" thick, 4" thick and 5" thick. He wasn't sure which he had and decided to go with the 4" (mid-level) cover. That is what we specially ordered for him. These covers are custom made as there are so many different sizes.

When Mr. Closs wasn't happy with the cover, I agreed to take his back (even though I probably would not be able to re-sell it for quite awhile) and re-order the thicker one for him. I wasn't going to charge him a dime more than what he would have paid for the 5" cover had he ordedred that in the first place. No re-stocking charge, no shipping.

Just the extra $100 that he would have paid had he originally purchased the 5" cover.We have an A+ rating with the BBB and we take a lot of pride in our customer service.